Create a Card For Those Affected by COVID-19
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Saddleback invites you to create physical cards to give as a gift to families coming to our PEACE Center Food Pantries who are serving our most vulnerable population during this difficult time. These cards will be placed along with the bags of food and supplies that the families are receiving directly from the PEACE Center. This page has everything you need to know to create for this project from suggested phrases, to imagery inspiration, and drop off details.
GREAT FAMILY & SMALL GROUP PROJECT
This is a great project to do together with your family or an idea you could send to your whole small group. We are not looking for quantity as much as quality. Make as little or many as you’d like!
IMAGES TO BE INSPIRE BY:
4 GREAT PHRASES FOR YOUR CARD
- “SEASONS CHANGE. LOVE IS CONSTANT.” — (Draw, paint, or design a beautiful leaf)
- “SEEN. LOVED.” — (Create an abstract watercolor)
- “TRUST THE WELL IS DEEPER” — (Create a design inspired by water)
- “DWELL IN HOPE.” — (See design below from thornandsparrow.com)
SIZE SPECS: Between 4×4″ to 4.5×5.5″ — Just a single sheet, focus on the front design. (Don’t make a card you can fold or open. )
MATERIALS. Start with white cardstock or watercolor paper (materials available for pickup. see details below)
COLOR: – Limit yourself to 1-2 colors.
EXAMPLES FROM SADDLEBACK MEMBERS
These cards were the first created this week by Niki Van Dyke:
Images of Niki’s process:
These cards were created by Rachelle Chuang and friends using leftover paper scraps
Images of Rachelle’s process:
HOW TO SIGN YOUR CARD:
Sign the back, bottom center like this:
” Made with love by:
— Y o u r N a m e —
Saddleback Church “
We have made supplies available at the same location as the card drop off. Pick up 24/7 at Ministry Office 1 located @ 1 Saddleback Pkwy, Lake Forest, CA 92630. (images below)
MANDATORY SANITARY PROTOCOL:
- Please wash your hands before you start gathering supplies and creating the card
- Please wash your hand after creating the card
- Do not touch your face as you create (or ever?! 🙂 )
- Place the card(s) in a bag or box to deliver
HOW TO DELIVER:
- To Drop off in Person: Ministry Office One, 1 Saddleback, Lake Forest, CA, 92630. Drop Your Card off in the designated box
- To Send by Mail: Address to: Rana Muncy, 1 Saddleback Pkwy, Lake Forest, CA, 92630
* Direct Neighbor Option: You may also give to any of your personal neighbors needing a word of encouragement by simply placing it in their mailbox.
DATES: We will be accepting cards as soon as March 18th, 2020 and will continue this phase at least through April 15, 2020.Let’s use our gifts to love our neighbors by feeding the soul this season!